Monday, May 31, 2010

Cooties

I can be really weird about germs. Sometimes the 20-minute rule determines eating off the floor and other times I'm flipping out because I refuse to use the same cup later in the day. With an infant in the house, I get the germ jitters often. It's rightly so because in the last 12 weeks Pinkalicious had a cold, she and I both had Scarlet Fever, The Hubs and I had the stomach flu, and now my strep throat is resurging. This little guy needs protection!

Becka told me about probiotics that she gives her daughter to boost her immunity. It sounded kinda funky to me. The next day at Pinkalicious's gymnastics practice, there was a little toddler with snot oozing everywhere who seemed to turn in our direction with her phlegmy hack every 25 seconds. There was no where to hide. Inside I was screaming. I found myself exhaling slowly trying to puff the germs away toward another direction. It was lame and a little psychotic. At the end of practice, I drove like Cruella Deville to our health food store and picked up some probiotics for Mr. Monkey. And since then I've been shoveling 1/2 tsp. into one bottle a day.

By doing this, I do feel like I should be living on a commune making my own granola. It doesn't help that my mom and The Hubs think I'm strange and look at me with raised eyebrows. But hey, he's healthy, I'm not wearing Birkenstocks, and with all my illness lately, I'm thinking about some probios for myself, too!

3 comments:

  1. Actually they have been on my "to-buy" list for about three weeks! I used to take them (they are REALLY good for your digestion!) I was going to restart them but noticed my old ones expired and I'm kinda picky about choosing the right kind. I just haven't made it to Watson's yet. =) Let them raise their eyebrows, you'll be healthier for it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watson's had a really small selection! Have you ever looked at Whole Foods? I was curious about what they had to offer. And I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Fresno and eat out! haha I guess you'd have to travel with a cooler to keep it cold on the way home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look at you with a raised eyebrow.

    -The Hubs

    ReplyDelete