Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm a little bit crafty, I'm a little bit rock and roll

Welcome Back!

Do you love how I started this blog and then totally abandoned it? In my defense, we got taken out with sickness which put me behind the 8 ball for this week, the end of MOPS.

If you remember my jaunt to JoAnn's a few weeks ago where I bought enough fabric to clothe an army (see my post, "In Excess"), then you can appreciate the 3x5 inch zippy wallets I made for my steering team as a thank you gift.






Wanting to give my team members something cute for all the hard work they did and the love they showed me this year, I found this online. I don't have a lot of sewing experience, so it was slow-going, but I feel fairly confident in them now (just in time to have made one for all my friends and now have no one else to make them for. haha)! If I make them again, I want to add a key chain on the side so that it is easier to take out/use when excercising. Anyway, I hope they can enjoy them either for themselves, or, as I told KVC, as a cute re-gift! =)

Here's the link to the tutorial I used if you want to give it a try (and then mock me that it took me so long. ha)! http://noodleheads.blogspot.com/2009/10/zippy-wallet-tutorial.html But I must insist that you make these while listening to 80s music. There is no better pairing than a zippy wallet and The Cure.

3 comments:

  1. I love mine, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i expect the laptop sleeve, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter Dana,where's mine? All mommies need one, even us older gals!

    ReplyDelete