Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sell-out

I decided to start advertising on this blog. I'm not completely sure how it works, but I set up the counter on the site and it seems like I'm getting enough hits to maybe make it worthwhile. Mama likes her Starbucks. (That was not an ad)

My favorite part about it in the 5 minutes since it started is that 8/10 of the ads are directly related to spoons and cutlery. Of the remaining two, one is for Crate and Barrel that mentions serving pieces. I assume that this is all prompted by my Medicated Musings post where I discuss my spoons at length, but I have to wonder, is that really worth 9/10 ads? Scrunching all my posts together, would you really come away with the theme of Spoons?

And why are there so many random companies selling spoons? Compostable Bio Cutlery? Charlie's Spoon Factory: Putting Lena, Illinois on the map one spoon at a time? What? Maybe the word "random" came up as frequently as "spoon" and they merged the two together for the world's most ridiculous search for mouth shovels.

Anyhoo, feel free to click away on my ads and support the cause! A new Gymboree dress for Pinkalicious! A trip to San Fran! Electricity to keep us up to code! But be assured there is no advertising inside my posts - I'm just a total consumer (a.k.a. American).

No comments:

Post a Comment