Friday, May 21, 2010

A Day in the Life

Six things I discovered in Vtown today:

1. A 50-year-old man (or thereabouts) riding an adult-sized scooter made from an old skateboard and bicycle wheels, being pulled along by two pit bulls. Apparently he is preparing for the Central Valley Iditarod.

2. Extensive, quality conversation with three women that did not include diapers or MOPS planning.

3. Five bras with broken underwires. I don't own a single bra with an in-tact underwire. Either one wire has snapped and the shard of metal is poking me or I already removed the broken wire.

4. It sucks to work for the Census Bureau. I watched a door-to-door surveyor get yelled at by a man claiming there had never been a census before, that it is invented by Obama.
Trivia: Why was Jesus born in Bethlehem?
Answer: Because his family had to go there for the census for Caesar Augustus.

5. An old band aid on my back. I don't know where it's from or who it's from. It's disgusting and weird, and I hope it hasn't been clinging to me for weeks.

6. A craving for onion rings that is unfulfilled. I really don't know this town. Although, qualifying my knowledge of a town by knowing the location of quality onion rings is kind of bizarre. By that measurement, I don't know any town.

4 comments:

  1. I am kind of partial to #5. I love finding things on my body that I did not know were there. At my age, it happens daily. Unlike a wrinkle or a new celulite ripple, at least you can throw the band aide in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana Dooner, you made me laugh out loud! I love the Iditerod (sp), the bra, the band aid, and the geographical connection with onion rings. I fear that I must take the credit/blame for the geofood connection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a pic of said Iditarod trainer.

    ReplyDelete