Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MOPS and McCartney

Well Friends, I have begun several blogs but they are all failing. One is on catalogs, one on errands, one on helicopter parenting, and one on Seinfeld. I think I blew all my compositional juices on my MOPS article for our newsletter.
Being that it is past (passed?) 10:00pm, and my house is in desperate need of attention for my meeting tomorrow, I'm am at a loss... or am I?

Behold!! I present to you the letter to my MOPS group! [insert wild applause here] But, it's not just any letter; I am taking my cue from Paul McCartney and turning my English sentences into art by repeating them in French.

Goodnight mes amis.


To My Favorite Mamas:

It is warming up. May is here! There are 20 days of school left!! Are you ready for summer?!!!

Confession: I am a winter girl. Bring on the fog, the fireplace, and the fleece! The prospect of summer heat isn’t thrilling to me and it conjures up memories of metal seatbelts and sweating on the way to the mailbox. I do admit that there are lots of great things about summer, though. I love swimming in the pool with friends (if you have a pool, make sure you get my number before you leave), BBQs, beach days, and free movies at the theater (where it’s sometimes so cold, I can wear my fleece and pretend it’s winter – BONUS!).

The beginning of summer signals the end of our MOPS year. It’s hard to imagine that nine months have already gone by. What a joy it has been to be the coordinator of our group! Our MOPS group is full of so many girls who are warm and welcoming. I have totally enjoyed getting to know many of you better this year. And the Leadership of 2009-2010 blows me away with their commitment to GateWay MOPS and reaching out to the mothers of Tulare County. They are amazing women, without whom there would be no MOPS.

It doesn’t feel like it’s time for the year to end, yet. But if our team has done its job, then our program will merely be the scaffolding of the relationships you’ve built that you continue to enjoy this summer. I look forward all that the summer holds for each of us! Thank you for the opportunity to serve you this year as your coordinator!

With love,
Dana


Mes Favoris Mamas:
Il se réchauffe. Mai est ici! Il y a 20 jours de l’école gauche!! Êtes-vous prêt pour l’été?!!!
Confession: je suis un hiver fille. Porter sur le brouillard, le foyer, et la toison! La perspective de chaleur estivale n’est pas palpitant pour moi et qu’il évoque des souvenirs de metal ceintures do sécurité et la transpiration sur la façon de la boîte aux letters. J’admets qu’il existe beaucoup de grandes choses au suet de summer, cependant. J’aime la piscine de la piscine avec des amis (si vous avez une piscine, assurez-vous vous obtenez mon numéro avant de cous laisser), le barbecue, plage jours, et libre films au theater (où il est parfois tellement froid, je peux porter mes polaire et pretender qu’elle l’hiver – BONUS!).

Le début de l’été marquee la fin de nos MOPS année. Ill est difficile d’imaginer que neuf mois se sont déjà écoulés. Quelle joie qu’il a été d’être le coordinateur de notre groupe! Notre groupe MOPS est plein de tellement de jeunes filles qui sont chaleureux et accueilant.J’ai totalement jouissent connaître beaucoup de vous mieux cette année. Et le leadership de 2009-2010 coup m’enlever á leur engagement de passerelle MOPS et atteindre les méres de Tulare Comté. Ils sont étonnants femmes, sans lesquels il ne serait pas MOPS.

Il n’a pas envie qu’il est temps pour l’année á la fin, encore. Mais si notre équipe a fait son travail, alors notre prgramme sera simplement l’échafaudage de la relation que vou avez constuit que cous continuez á bénéficier de cette été. J’ai hate que l’été détient pour chacun de nous! Je vous remercie de l’occasion de vous dervir cette année, comme votre coordonnateur!

Avec l’amour,

Dana

2 comments:

  1. If you needed a translator, you could have just asked. haha

    ps- I LOVE the new background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you read it? Was it wrong?!

    Yeah, some cutiepatootie used this website and glammed hers up. I had to do the same. Always one step behind you, Baeza.

    ReplyDelete