Friday, June 11, 2010

Books, Bubbles, and Bags

The Summer Reading Program begins!!  Each day, we are keeping track of how many books Pinkalicious reads with an adult.  Ultimately we're aiming for five books a week.  If she completes this goal, she earns a prize from the library each week.  I wanted to make her a special library bag for her books, so we went to JoAnn's and she picked out the fabric.  I was SHOCKED that the entire thing was not pink!!!





Today we checked out six picture books - she is so eager to begin!  While we were there, we saw a performance by The Bubble Man.






These are the pictures that make my heart sing...




Pinkalicious' current favorite book (we're on our third check-out)

3 comments:

  1. You need to fix the caption on the last pic - should say "Pinkalicious" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna make my kids a library bag, too!!! :) Good job making it so quick! :) I think mine will have to wait until July...if I even get to it :)
    It was fun to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a few weeks ago we got them their own "my first library card"(s). They were super excited to have their own! Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete