Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hopeful Planning

We're having friends over for dinner tonight and I'm trying a new recipe.  I know you're not supposed to do that, but I wanted to.  I'm making Ina Garten's Penne with Five Cheeses because somewhere I have become deluded to think that if I make the same dishes as Ina, I will be as great of a hostess as Ina.  Only time will tell.  Currently my house is still decorated for spring, the floors unvacuumed, the table half-set, and the only thing that has been shaved is the Peccorino Romano.

This is how it's supposed to look:
I'm hoping it will turn out.


Ingredients
4 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut in small chunks or cubes
½ c. freshly grated Peccorino Romano
½ c. shredded Fontina
2 T. ricotta
¼ c. crumbled Gorgonzola
1 ½ c. canned crushed tomatoes
1 ½ c. heavy cream
6-7 fresh basil leaves, cut in small pieces 5 T. salted butter
1 pound penne

Instructions
Preheat oven to 500 F.
1) Bring a large pot to boil and then add1 pound pasta (no oil). Cook this 7-8 minutes
2) While the pasta is boiling, shred your cheeses and mix all the ingredients EXCEPT butter in a large bowl.
3) Add your cooked pasta to the bowl and mix well.
4) Pour pasta mixture into a baking pan--you can use ramekins here or a small casserole dish.
5) Dot the top of your Five Cheese with the diced butter pieces.
6) Bake at 500 for about 10 minutes

I'll let you know how it goes!  They'll be here in less than 2.5 hours!  Ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment