Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 1

Today is Day 1 of the cleaning contest. And in Day 1, the assignment is to shine the sink. As you can see, my sink was in drastic need of some shining!  The process was big at first involving several cups of bleach, some baking soda, soft scrub, tooth brushes and scrub pads. The idea is that this will be the last time I will need to clean so deeply if I keep up my daily shining routine. 





The fruits of my labor.  This bad boy is that shiny when dry!


Hopefully this shining proves more fruitful for me than Jack Torrance.  "All work and no play...." It's pretty clear that all work was hardly my problem.


Also on Day 1, as per instructions, I went around my home and took pictures of all the places that need decluttering.  That photo session ended with a pit in my stomach.  I was intending to show you all my "befores" as a form of extra accountability but in the end I have too much pride.  When I do finish an area, I will post the before and after.  Keep your ears tuned for my mother's shrieks of mortification. 

2 comments: