Sunday, September 5, 2010

The LBC, part 1

On Friday, my parents took us to the Long Beach Aquarium! I was especially excited for this venture because when I was little, my dad's parents would take us to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and it was my favorite. It was there that I fell in love with ocean life, especially sea otters, and the opportunity to continue that with my parents and my kids was extra specially special.



The Hubs' expression is fabulous in this picture!
(That's our yacht in the background, btw.)




Aquarium + Sea Otters + Dana = Happiness




Fam and Fish!  Pinkalicious is sporting her fish face. =)



Petting a shark!!  This was a big step for our cautious girl!




Sea Anemones.  I thought they stung, but these did not.



Our little trooper!  He had a meltdown after 1.5 hours in the Ergo.  He and I were both sweaty messes, but he quickly recovered with sweet smiles and squeals.  I entered a wet t-shirt contest and the day camp kids voted me the winner.




Daughter and Daddy



Jellyfish abounding




The white in the middle is several hundred fish eggs laid in a sea anemone!




Pinkalicious found pink fish!!


5(Nemo + Dori)




Sea Dragon and Sea Horse



Both the sets of pictures of my parents and the sea otter exhibit turned out awful.  (I used it as a plug with The Hubs to get myself a Nikkon D5000... maybe if Santa comes in the form of the Lotto.)  But Pinky loved it, which of course delighted me!!  I am so thankful to my parents for a great trip and fun memories for all of us!!! 

If you are going for something new for your kids, I would definitely recommend the aquarium for ages 4+.  I think if the kids are any younger, they'd be more focused on the other people than the exhibits.  But of course, if you're going for your own fun, there's nothing wrong in bringing them.  Bring your AAA card for ticket discounts and plan to dress for both inside and outside weather - if you do this on a rainy day, you'll be missing alot. 

1 comment: