Monday, December 6, 2010

The Getaway!

Last Christmas, The Hubs and I received some money as gifts. We decided we would try our best to save it and use it for a vacation. We will be married for 10 years in June, 2012 so 2.5 years seemed like enough time to save for something nice. But then we debated about whether we should go off by ourselves on a big celebration when we haven't even taken one as a family. As this conversation came and went a few times, we had our second child and suddenly some time away became imperative.

We've never taken a weekend away just the two of us. Partly because we have been on one income for 7.5 years of our 8 year marriage with Steve working on his grad degrees and then my staying home with the children.  But also, Steve and I have been very good about carving out time for each other in our daily lives. There's never been a big push to get away and finally have some time together... until Mr. Monkey. Thankfully each of our parents were willing to take a grandchild so we could get some time alone for a WHOLE WEEKEND!!!  Here are some highlights of our highly anticipated 72 hours.


We had some fun family time on our way down to SoCal which was sweet. =)







After we dropped off the kids, we headed to The Orange County Mining Company for a nice dinner. I had purchased a coupon from Restaurants.com, which was buy $50, get $25 off. We were ready for some prime rib and a view!


That's right! No Restaurant.com gift certificates!!  I will be blogging against them soon, but I won't spoil the splendor of my weekend with my angry raving.



The view from our table.  If it was later, we could have seen the Disneyland fireworks!


Our Westin Heavenly Bed that SOMEONE ELSE made [insert maniacle laughing here]!!!

Cable!  Sports!  The Hubs had to check the Fresno State game =)

Two minibar offerings that together would have cost the same as another night's stay. 

Strawberry Shortcake at the Cheesecake Factory
If you can break from your cheesecake order, I would highly recommend this! I think it's my fav. Definitely a dessert for more than one!

I am smiling for several reasons. 
1) My kids are elsewhere (I mean that with all love!)
2) I slept in until 10am, baby! And then, I laid in bed and watched the rain pour outside our window!
3) We're in line for Harry Potter - the movie I've been most excited for in 2010!


If you love HP, you know what this means...

HeyO! I loved every minute of it!  Except for maybe that weird part.  If you've seen it, you know what I mean.

My attempt at looking like Harry, with a straw for a wand. I can't really pull it off.  And that's probably good for both of us.  

Honestly, it was so good to have time together that was relaxed and uninterrupted.  We could finish sentences!  We could be quiet!  We could sleep in!  We could renew our friendship, which was getting lost in the business of life.  This weekend was the highlight of my year, as it made me thankful for every aspect of my life.  It was a true vacation which energized me to come back stronger. =)

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment