Monday, October 4, 2010

Day at the Bay

The beach is my favorite place in the whole world - that's a stupid thing to say because there are beaches all over the world.  But pretty much, I could go to any of them and be happy.  Leaving the easy beach access of OC living to come to Vtown is #3 on my "Ugh" list about moving (#1 is my family, #2 is my dear friend Becka).  I'm always looking to get my ocean fix and thankfully, this was the weekend!!

It now takes us 3-4 hours to get to the beach, or "The Coast" as everyone in the Central Valley seems to call it, and is quite a venture, especially with an infant in tow.  But it's so worth it for us (and it helps that Mr. Monkey is a rockstar with traveling).  Pinkalicious, like me, is a total water baby and is fearless about the ocean. Cold is only a state of mind. The Hubs and I have always had to keep a tight leash on her or else she would just let herself float out to sea.  Until she's a full swimmer, we're not taking her out into the waves, but no matter, she'll take what she can get!










 I can't get this picture to turn, but I'm including it because it documented her first wipe-out by a wave.  She recovered herself and climbed out of the water for a minute, but was happy and ready to go back in.  Since then, she's been talking about how fun it was!!  I'm so glad that she is undaunted! =)




 Mr. Monkey and I were chillin' on the sand together.  He really enjoyed watching the waves!!



These two are so playful.  I love watching them roughhouse and laugh together! =)



As nerdly as her mother!












 Our first trip to Morro Bay with Pinkalicious was when she was 8 months old.  I took a picture with her in this spot.  Since then, every time we come, she and I always take a picture here.  It will be fun to look back on all the pictures over the years.



 The Flying Dutchman is our staple restaurant in Morro Bay.  It's right on the water where we can watch the boats sail by and the seals play, and the view of the sunset is wonderful. We love that it's family-friendly in atmosphere, food options, and pricing (and they totally have coupons online!! HeyO!).




Gotta have Clam Chowder!
(Kel, I can't eat oyster crackers without thinking of you!)



$10 for fish and chips made with freshly caught fish!
I heart seafood - and so does Pinky!


Are these guys not the cutest ever?! 



Happy Boy!




The best part about the drive home is the refueling!

signature

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Mmm Oyster Crackers. Ahh the days when low-carbing it didn't even exist!

    I love the pictures - Monkey is getting so big and I love that he's such a happy guy and Pinky reminds me so much of you - how weird is it that she's not far from the age we were when we first met? There's some crazy food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definite calendar-worthy pictures here! What fun! What a terrific day for you four!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the pic of your 2 boys, Mr. Monkey looks so much like Pink :) You would think they were related or something!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete