Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Small World

I'm making a special lunch for a picnic with a friend tomorrow and my chicken wrap recipe calls for one anchovy fillet.  Gack.  But I've tasted this before and it's so good - I just pretend there's no canned fish once I've added it.  Although can I say that whenever I make this, I inevitably end up with an old can of decomposing anchovies in the back of my fridge because I just can't throw the whole tin away once I've used the one fillet.  Maybe I need to search for anchovy recipes on allrecipes.com.  I can't believe I even considered that possibility just now...

As I opened the box this evening to get my fish can, I was puzzled. On the box it said it was packed for Star Fine Foods from Fresno, CA (woot woot!).  But to the left of that info was printed "Product of Peru."  And then it read "Packed in Morocco."  What?  That covers half the world!  For some canned, ridiculously small fish? 

Behold, I have in my refrigerator door the evidence of a global economy: anchovies.



signature

No comments:

Post a Comment