Saturday, May 14, 2011

When Art Mirrors Life

Today, I turned around to find Miss Pink in the middle of her imaginative play.



"Moms," she says, "You pretend I'm homeless and you be the stranger and you can give me money so I can get food and a house.  ...Or you can give me real money and I can put it in my piggybank."

The whole thing was awkward and I was unsure of how to deal with it - like most things that happen in her day, she lives it and then pretends it with her toys.  Fortunately, it was time for lunch and her play was interrupted. I still don't know what is worse, the pretend, or the fact that her dad made her the sign.

signature

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, Dana, that is a very cute story, but a little disconcerting too! Thanks for sharing. It gave me a chuckle.
    Just wanted to stop by and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You may want to visit again... I'm doing a giveaway!
    x, Val

    ReplyDelete