Monday, May 9, 2011

Girls' Weekend, Year One

Trish grew up in Long Beach (LBC shout-out to Warren G, and may Nate Dogg rest in peace) so while her parents were away, they let a bounding group of hoodlum mothers from Vtown descend on their house and tear up the 213 (and a bit of 714 as well) for the weekend.  Here are some highlights:

All the ladies at Schooner or Later (featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives - HeyO!).

Dana and Kristy (no, that is not our picture on the menu!)

"The Mess," or in Christian Siriano style, "The Hot Mess"

After the first shopping stop, Fabric Barn.  The Mecca of all ribbon lovers.  No one left without a bag.


Because at South Coast Plaza, the gardens come to you.
I was frequently decked by over grown plants.  It was like war with The Ents.


I wondered if with the shirt I wore, I would be totally camo-ed.  Maybe with a black sweater.

Yes, those are Mickey balloons and a carousel in the mall.  We are one  Eiffel Tower away from the World's Fair. Or one princess away from the Magic Kingdom.
 
What do women do at Nordstrom's Rack?  Take photos with ridiculous hats.  And basically do all the things we'd be reprimanding our children for doing.

Dana and Trish, Two True BadAsses (you can't see the orange feathered pompom on the top of my hat.  It was total  Oompa-Loompa.)


Walking on the beach, glimpsing Carnival and The Queen Mary.  Objects in picture were closer than they appear.

Toes in sand.  My toes are jealous of Jaime's painted ones.

Jaime and Dana soaking up the sun.

When you're in LBC, you can pop a load of laundry in, and then stroll the beach. Luxury!

Shake it, Ladies!

At Trish's parents' house - TOTAL time warp with the toys.  

Check out the barn.  And Kel, remember that Barbie bed?!

Did you get the memo?

Free appetizer at Super Mex. It is a plate of cheese!

Storming IKEA.  The economy was officially stimulated.

This felt like a trip into the future - a special cart tram next to the stairs.  H.G. Wells would be so jazzed.

Jaime and I saw this on the way home.  For sure the best political  campaign in our lifetime.  

signature

2 comments:

  1. This makes me smile!!! I was looking for myself in the ikea pic then remembered I was in the back throwing up the chalkboard garden stakes! Lol
    My fav has to be the "shake it ladies" LOL
    I love my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was going to throw in some Sir MixAlot lyrics, but figured that it wouldn't be appreciated. haha =)

    ReplyDelete